December 13, 2012

'The Rover Begins Preproduction "


So I swear this was NOT on Porchlight’Film’s website on Monday when I checked, but it’s something:

“26 November 2012 – The Rover has started pre production at Adelaide Studios. David Michod’s exciting follow up to Animal Kingdom stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson and is due to start shooting in early 2013.”

Woot woot – it’s happening peoples it’s happening.
Also, I saw Movieline’s interview with Scoot McNairy, but didn’t think it deserved it’s own post.  He does, however, mention:

“So what’s next for you?
I’ve got about two or three scenes in Promised Land that just came out. And then a movie called Twelve Years A Slave that Steve McQueen directed. Brad’s in it, and Michael Fassbender and Chiwetel Ejiofor. I’m working on this film right now with Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore called Non-Stop. Then I’m off to do this movie called Frank with Domhnall Gleeson and Michael Fassbender. And after that, I work with David Michod, who did Animal Kingdom and is really close friends with Andrew Dominik. It’s with Guy Pearce and Rob Pattinson. It’s called The Rover. (my emphasis)
Is it going to be as intense as Animal Kingdom
You know, I don’t know the direction in which David’s taking it, but it’s a futuristic western that takes place in the Australian Outback.
Can you talk about the character you play?
I play Rob’s brother. If I say anything else about  it, it gives it all away.”


Oooh.


"I have no idea which way to go is David [Michod, director]. But it is a futuristic western that takes place in the Australian Outback. I play Rob's brother. If I were still more about it, I would tell you everything. "

November Robert Pattinson chatted about the exciting casting for The Rover. The Twilight star has touched absolutely not with kid gloves ...

"I hate it when you are simply given a role. I then always ulterior motives, whether they do it for financing. I figured I must have it. Then I met a bunch of actors, and they said something like, 'Oh, this Michod, he keeps you hours in this house.' That was my whole dwindling confidence. I was really shocked when I got the part. "


According to SA Film:

THE ROVER

Porchlight Films Pty Ltd in association with Lava Bear Films LLC
Producers: Liz Watts, David Linde, David Michôd
Writer/Director: David Michôd
International Sales: FilmNation
Australian Distributor: Village Roadshow

Synopsis: The Australian desert in a dangerous and damaged near future. Eric has left everything, everyone and every semblance of human kindness behind him. And then he has his last possession stolen by a gang of dangerous criminals. Eric sets off on a ruthless mission to track them down, forced along the way to enlist the help of Rey, the naïve and injured junior member of the gang, who was left behind in the bloody chaos of the gang’s most recent robbery.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...